How to Deal with the Keyboard Issues of the Toshiba laptop?
When it comes to Toshiba laptop, one of the most popular devices in its line is the satellite computers. This meagre yet efficient system comes with its own set of annoyances, and one of them is the keyboard issues. While the keyboard itself is very efficient, the following factors tend to mess it up at times.
- Bios updating or wrong version of Bios.
- The text anomaly in the Satellite 1955.
- Other general issues that is prevalent in the entire Toshiba product line.
Unfortunately, the solutions to all of these issues are rather limited albeit effective
Toshiba Support discusses some of the problems and their issues
The problems that we have mentioned above are quite large scale, as they tend to affect not only the keyboard, but other peripherals as well. However, as we have already mentioned that the ways to deal with them is rather limited it will suit you well to stick to the following points:
- A Fix for the BIOS: While the wired modules are quite easy to handle, the wireless keyboard have had their share of issues in the Toshiba 1955-S801, 1955-S802, 1955-S803, 1955-S804, 1955-S805. The fix is rather easy; just Download the BIOS flash program off the official website. However, BIOs install involve some intricate steps if not followed carefully. To this end, an expert’s supervision is warranted.
- Dealing with the text anomaly of Satellite 1955: As you already might have surmised that the Satellite 1955 version is ripe with keyboard issues. One such issue is the “Shift” key. Holding down upon this key for more than 5 seconds will cause the highlighted text to disappear. Prevention is the only cure here. To this end, make sure that you do not engage with the shift key for more than 5 seconds.
- Dealing with the general issues of the system: At times, the keyboard is not able to register even the hardest of presses. While the issues might be hardware one, you need to restart the system to confirm. If the keys are still not able to register properly, it will suit you to get a hold of an external peripheral.
The above mentioned steps are quite rudimentary. However, they are effective. If you are looking for a more comprehensive approach to fixing the issues, it will suit you to get in touch with our experts via the toll-free Toshiba support number +1-844-478-5758.
Read More Blogs: - How to Solve Fast Draining of Battery on a Toshiba Laptop?